I ama new member and I am in very bad confusion with prostatitis that I cannot find the root cause and then treatment. Here is my story:
First time in 1999, UTI after intercourse. Cultured and the bacteria was E.Coli, treated by Cipro and then symtom free.
After that almost every year I was getting UTI and treated by Cipro around the end of the year until Dec 2005, diagnosised by bacterial prostatitis and treated for 45 days first by Cipro but I felt that it does not improve my case so I swithed to Doxycline and Ofloxacin. Then I was symptom free for 7 months until again Dec 2006 after intercourse for the first time, I felt that my prostate is inflammted, having the sensation of wearing a tide pants or having something heavy under the perineum muscle. Here my hell started until now:
- i started my investigation with visiting Dr Toth in NY. He performed an urethral swab after painful prostate massage and then later he calimed that he could find C. Trachomatis by Fleuscence antibody detection, an old test. He also perfomed TRUS and showed on the central zone of the prostate,scars or calcifications and he claimed again due to the chlamydia.
- I continued my investigation and perfomed PCR-DNA test on semen and this time the answer for Chlamydia trachomatis was NEGATIVE. Note that DNA amlification is much precised. So what you make out of this????
- i did not stop here and continue by blood test for antibody detection for ALL FAMILY OF THIS GERM. In my surprise again, the clamydia trachomatis IGG, IGM and IGA were under thershold except for CPN for IGG. which you interpret it, I had in the past cpn!!!
- When I was child, I had Angina and asthma. cpn could be this.
- I took 21 days of Proquin, is like Cipro but now it has been for 10 days I am taking doxycilne and I combine it with one prostate massage per week. But still no real improvement.
Here are my questions:
I saw a user Temple talking about dr Toth's method: echoguided drug inflitration. Who in this forum has perfomed this procedure with him? Please help me out here to understand better this.
Second, cpn might cause this inflammation? In your opnion, do I ever had Trachomatis???
third, what is the best treatment assuming that I have one of these bacterias causing this inflammation? are they common treatment? I read that I need to combine antibiotics. How do I know if is too late and this germ is already resistent to it?
Thank you for your help. please contact me...