Why am I so tired after pulsing?
I have been on CAP for 11 months now and have not experienced any real breakthrough against my CFS since I started (I have been through my 7th pulse recently). I know that one have to be patient, and that many of you here have been under this protocol much longer before experiencing positive results. However, we have also to admit that putting so much antibiotics into your body for such a long period still remains a bit strange and tough. In particular, I am still concerned by the CAP's effect on the gut bacteria on the long run.
In that respect, I am still wondering why I become much more tired on average after pulsing (until last December, I was used to pulse for 10 days, as recommended initially by my doctor, and it killed me, I usually do 5 or 6 days in a row now). Indeed, even with shorter pulses, I would still feel much more tired than usual and it could last up to 3 weeks after the pulse.
Therefore, I would have 2 questions:
1/ It seems normal to get more tired because of the Metro pulse since your body has to get rid of the toxins from the killed bacteria. However, I guess that the pulse antibiotics do NOT only target CPN (or Lyme's bacteria), but also potentially a lot of good bacteria from your gut, which would also produce toxins while being killed, isn't it?
2/ How would you assess when your are finally ready to stop the CAP? Indeed, it seems that there is not a strong consensus on that question. If I remember well what I read, we are supposed not to feel any side effect anymore during our last pulses. Would it be indeed a correct way to assess that we're done with the protocol from your perspective?
Edit after the initial post: I also forgot to mention that in addition to Metro, my doctor also prescribed me (as recommended by the ILADS's guidelines since he is a "Lyme doctor") to pulse with Amoxicillin (1g 3 x day).