Methylation Support - Original 7 supplements
Link below is to the original 2007 post for complete reading. Much information is located on that thread.
Submitted by Michèle on Sun, 2007-09-16 04:59.
At every turn it seems that NACi is the most important supplement we take. It is with good reason that we should start with that, if it mobilises the metabolism as well as support the liver and kill EBs and moulds. What more will it be shown to do for us in the future?
It strikes me that Rich Van Konynenburg empirical protocol for kick starting the metabolism contains many of the vitamins and supplementsi we already take. Here is is with some notes about prices that I have added:
Protocol: The simplified approach would involve giving the following oral supplements daily, all of which are available from Dr. Yasko’s supplement website at http://www.holisticheal.com
*¼ tablet (200 micrograms) Folapro (Folapro is 5-methyl tetrahydrofolate, an active form of folate, which is sold by Metagenics with a license from Merck, which holds the patent on synthesis). evitalhealth.com $17.49 for 60
* ¼ tablet Intrinsi B12/folate (This includes 200 micrograms of folate as a combination of folic acid, 5-methyl tetrahydrofolate, and 5-formyl tetrahydrofolate, aka folinic acid or leucovorin (another active form of folate), 125 micrograms of vitamin B12 as cyanocobalamin, 22.5 milligrams of calcium, 17.25 milligrams of phosphorus, and 5 milligrams of intrinsic factor) evitalhealth.com $16.45 for 60
* (up to) 2 tablets (It’s best to start with ¼ tablet and work up as tolerated) complete vitamin and ultra-antioxidanti from Holistic Health Consultants (This is a multivitamin, multimineral supplement with some additional ingredients. It does not contain iron or copper, and it has a high ratio of magnesium to calcium. It contains antioxidantsi, some trimethylglycine, some nucleotides, and several supplements to support the sulfur metabolism.)
* 1 softgel capsule Phosphatidyl Serine Complex (This includes the phospholipids and some fatty acids) iherb $24.19 for 60 is cheaper than holisticheal
* 1 sublingual lozenge Perque B12 (2,000 micrograms hydroxocobalamin with some mannitol, sucanat, magnesium and cherry extract) wellnessworks.net $24for 100
* 1 capsule SAMe (200 mg S-adenosylmethionine) I herb $20.98 for 60
* 1/3 dropper, 2X/day Methylation Support Nutriswitch Formula (This is an RNA mixture designed to help the methylation cycle. It is not essential, but is reported to be helpful.)
A couple of them are b12 variations, maybe they work better than the ones we take?
The only completely new/different supplement I see on the list is Phosphatidyl Serine Complex.
Michele (UK) GFAi: Wheldon CAP1st May 2006 . Daily Doxyi, Azi MWF, Flagyli at 400mg for 7 days prior to 5 day pulses at 1200mg three weeks cycle. Spokesperson for Ella, RRMSi Wheldon CAP 16th March 2006