I read somthing about this just recently and on deeper reading I have a big suspicion I have suffered from this for many years.
The symptoms of histamine intolerance are similar to those of an allergy, food poisoning or the common cold. They usually occur in connection with food intake, either occasionally or chronically, so that it may be difficult for the people concerned to tie the symptoms to the foods ingested. There is a wide range of partly unspecific symptoms, which vary between individuals. Typical guiding symptoms are:
- Swelling of the nasal mucous membrane, runny nose, sneezing, expectoration, irritation of the throat, breathing troubles
- Digestive problems: diarrhea, abdominal pain, flatulence, heartburn
- Itching, rash, flush (particular in the face)
- Hot flashes, attack of sweating, impaired temperature sensation
- Tachycardia, allodromy, palpitation, drop in blood pressure
- Headache, migraine, dizziness
- Sleep disturbance, fatigue
- Nausea, vomiting
- Menstrual molimina
- Odema (Swelling, water retention, i.e. swollen eyelids)
Unlike with allergies, where even traces of a substance may trigger a violent reaction, the intensity of HIT symptoms depends on the dose.
Anyone have any experience