robertd's blog

Return to the Fight

Submitted by robertd on Mon, 2014-10-06 15:02

I had to stop the CAP some months ago as I was having severe bowel problems. I have now managed to regain a reasonable amount of control over the situation and I feel as if I could now restart the CAP. I'm not quite sure at what level to start, so I'll have to do a little trial and error. Towards the point I gave up, I felt as if I wasn't making any headway - even slipping backwards, but stopping has made me feel that I'm slipping faster so there seems to be no alternative.......keep on.


Help needed with abx

Submitted by robertd on Fri, 2014-03-14 06:09

I haven't been on the site for quite a while as I've been trying to deal with other health issues and I've been trying to have some kind of life.  I have kept up with the CAP faithfully but things still seem to be going downhill.  Just lately my supplier for abx has for some reason become unreliable.  Can anybody mail me the details for a supplier who will ship to the uk.  I am afraid to try a period without the CAP as the abx effects are still bad and I have no sense of any positive effect or not but will ceasing be even worse leading to further damage?  As you can see, I am very conflicted.  I really will be grateful for any replies.


MS for 20yrs. CAP since Jul 07, NAC 2400mg, Doxy 200mg daily, Azith 250 mg MWF, Flagyl for 4yrs.

High possibility of colon cancer - help!

Submitted by robertd on Tue, 2012-05-01 15:38

Just presented with the likely symptoms of colon cancer.  I have been sticking religously to the protocol but have been absent from the site for quite a while, trying to get some life together.  Over the past couple of months, my condition went down rapidly, culminating last weekend with some nasty symptoms.  I am now waiting for the hostpital appointment .....and the tests.  I don't know how to deal with the progress of the protocol - any advice - do I try to continue or stop until treatment (if any) stops?

MS for 18yrs. CAP since Jul 07, NAC 2400mg, Doxy 200mg daily, Azith 250 mg MWF, Flagyl for 4yrs.

Pulse 28 just keeping on.

Submitted by robertd on Wed, 2010-05-05 14:16

After all these pulses, it's disappointing to fing that I'm now feeling as though I'm going slowly downhill.  I know that how I feel could mostly be attributed to the toxic effects of die-off but I cannot seem to clear my system effectively.  I've tried the usual  methods but they all lock my transit solid and I end up bouncing between moppers and laxatives - not good!  I do now recognise the insidious hand of inflammation in the decrease of my mobility but I cannot manage to get it down it to a manageable level.  Anyway, my small rant is over - back to the business of hanging in there.


Pulse 27 - still a rough ride

Submitted by robertd on Thu, 2010-03-18 18:03

I've just finished the first half of pulse 27. This follows a very rough fortnight recovering from the last pulse. I had increased the last two half pulses to 4 days metro per fortnight, with the addition of caffeine. This proved to be too much and I am still dealing with the high amount of die-off. Bearing this in mind, I have now reduced the pulse to 3 days. I have also increased all the methods of helping to deal with die-off and I intend to try psyllium and bentonite as I'm not clearing my system quickly enough. Unfortunately charcoal and chitosan seem to constipate me badly, hence the bentonite.

25 pulses and it seems to need a push

Submitted by robertd on Sat, 2010-01-09 16:46

I realise that it's quite a while since I last posted but that's due to a couple of things. Firstly, I have been completely involved in trying to run as normal a life as I can and secondly I have been holding back, waiting in the hope of reporting something positive.  For the last several months progress seems to have halted.

In order to try to give things a push forward I have split the last three pulses into two fortnightly periods, taking three days of metro in the first two and increasing to four in the last.  This has obviously increased the monthly intake of metro.  This does seem to have produced some benefits.  Stomach upset has decreased, my sleep has improved, I feel more positive and less depressed (which was a big problem) and my fatigue level has decreased.

Pulse 10 - big step back!

Submitted by robertd on Sun, 2008-10-19 15:54

After the hope and positivity of pulse 9, pulse 10 turned out to be a whole different ballgame. As the pulse was beginning, I began to show all the signs of a relapse. My condition had been deteriorating for several days before, but I thought that this was just the normal up and down progress. I continued to get worse but I carried on with the pulse, which seemed to hold things 'relatively' stable.
I ended up having difficulty with walking, very poor balance, poor vision and I went back to sleeping for most of the day. I had returned almost to where I started. It took the whole month before I saw any improvement.

Pulse 9 - some real improvement at last !

Submitted by robertd on Thu, 2008-07-31 15:44

It's been a while since my last entry, but I've been so busy trying to keep a normal life together. My progress through the last few pulses gave nothing very positive to report. Each pulse was accompanied by broadly similar effects - an upset stomach, an increase in the burning feet and restless leg symptoms, which tapered off towards the second week, and serious fatigue, which was always present. In fact I seem to have slept for most of the previous four pulses, perhaps I needed it.

Four on the floor - but did I crash reverse?(damn these motor problems)

Submitted by robertd on Wed, 2008-04-02 15:44

Well pulse 4 was an experience I wouldn't want to repeat!  This was my first pulse at the full dosage and the effects made that obvious.  On the first day, each dose was followed by a short period of detatchment with a return to my usual levels of functioning.  The night was a completely different story.  My feet and calves felt as though they were being roasted and had a sensation like ants crawling under the skin.  This was accompanied by bad restlessness.  These symptoms improved towards the fifth day, gradually approaching what is my normality.