Things took an excellent turn for me since I stopped the abx protocol. The logical conclusion is that I might not have cpn or cpn might be the effect rather than the cause.
Here's what helped:
- albendazole (2 x 400 mg /day) - took it for 10 days, 20 days to go
- oregano oil (3 x 180 mg / day)
- garlic (2 crushed cloves in the morning - with food, 2 in the evening + 2 pills in the evening - they help me sleep)
- onions - 1/2 in the morning, 1/2 in the evening (with food)
- rosmarinum officinale - tea (mixed with the juice from one lemon - 1 cup in the morning)
- clove (Syzygium aromaticum, syn. Eugenia aromaticum or Eugenia caryophyllata) - 6 dried flower buds every 8 hours. I am chewing them until they become a paste (not an easy task)
- blueberry tea (2 cups per day)
- sea buckthorn oil - 2 x 35 drops / day
- pumpkin seeds
- tomato paste (for lycopene)
- 3 enemas with lukewarm water mixed with the juice of 2 lemons (each) in the last week; I will do 1 per month hereafter
- leonurus cardiaca - tea (1 cup in the evening - it gives me 8 hours of excellent sleep, with no diziness in the morning)
The last thing I want to add to this list is curcumin (component of turmeric)
I'm also taking NAC (2 x 600 mg / day), magnesium, calcium, omega 3, vitamin D3, multivitamins, vitamin B12
Since I have an active life now, I feel the need to keep any message short (sorry about this).
I will briefly tell you why I congratulate myself for being skeptical about the CAP effectiveness for my condition.
1. the improvement is now continue and rapid (the 10 steps forward 9 back pattern doesn't apply anymore, which can only make me happy)
2. areas that had never been reached by antibiotics are clearly being touched by the natural remedies (signs: intense itching at the underarms, self limited red spots on my fingers, as if small blood vessels exploded, transient bruises on my legs, where I've felt pain and strange movements)
3. the gradual disappearance of the feeling that I was having zillions of tiny invaders in my legs and groin area
4. the gradual disappearance of pain (I no longer feel any pain in the groin area)
5. the constantly increasing level of energy (I had my best tennis game today and literally dismantled a colleague who used to tear me apart. 6-2, 6-2, 6-4 was the final result). I believe I will soon be able to swim 2 to 3 miles per day just like before the disease.
6. the gradual decrease in frequency, duration and intensity of the polyuric episodes (now they only last 1 to 2 hours every 24 to 48 hours). A week ago I had a 6 hour episode. Since then it only got better
7. dicreasing urinary frequency
8. brain fog = history
9. the disappearance of the throat and chest irritation
There are 3 questions I will probably never be able to answer:
1. Are some people on CAP feeling improvements due to the supplements they are taking rather than from antibiotics?
2. Can the repeated "herx" reactions signal treatment failure rather than improvement?
3. Could massive killing of the normal bacterial flora cause the repeated herx reactions?
I guess this is all for now.
Hopefully next time I start a blog topic it will be to tell you I'm 100% healed.
Good luck to all of you.